As you know, I am approaching the end of this decade of life. In an attempt not to waste this last year and 11 months of my 20s, I made a 30 before 30 bucket list.
Normally, I don’t share my New Year’s Resolutions with people, but today, I’m doing something different and difficult for me: Posting my list for all to see! The plan is that every time I finish an item, I will cross it off this list and write a post about it. So, without further adieu (and in no particular order):
30. Get rid of any clothes/shoes I’ve had since I was a teenager. I’m fairly sure they’re not in style anymore anyway.
29. Travel around town without my car for a week. I don’t even think I know how to ride TARC if I needed to.
28. Go to Carmichael’s book club 5 times. An introvert’s nightmare, but a book lover’s dream.
* Update: Attended June 2015: An Untamed State. So good.
Buy a house. Yes, I know, I’ve done this already, but my friends assure me that it deserves a place on the list. Blog post forthcoming.
26. Fix something in my house. Read: learn to be “handy.”
25. Stop drinking soda. (As I sit here drinking a cherry coke.)
24. Turn in an article to CBF before it is due.
23. Knit something cool. Step 1: Remember how to knit…
22. Make photo albums with pictures from the last decade. Maybe even hang some on my wall!
21. Read (or reread) all six Jane Austen Novels. Also – the complete letters of Jane Austen.
* Update: Read Pride and Prejudice (Annotated version) May 2015
20. Join a writing group. Anyone in Louisville interested?
19. Learn to take good pictures. For real this time.
18. Do karaoke. Step one: figure out what “my song” is.
17. Go to Hawaii or Liberia. Random – I know, but I have friends in both places and can’t afford to go to both.
16. Collect 10 stories for book. Leaving this intentionally ambiguous.
15. Pay off all debts. And don’t open any new ones. The house obviously doesn’t count.
* Update – Paid off mattress in June 2015. Only two more debts to go!
14. Play a solo in church.
13. Apply to a DMin Program. Maybe even start said program.
12. Write a short story. Cause, why not?
11. Go water skiing.
10. Read the whole Bible – including Apocrypha. A minister can’t read the Bible too much, right?
9. (Re)Learn Guitar.
8. Go to Harry Potter World. Anyone want to come with?
7. Run a marathon or break 2 hours in a half. This one honestly makes me the most terrified.
6. Volunteer at a library or bookstore. Because, how fun would that be?
5. Have a party at Champs Rollerdrome. My one childhood regret. Totally gonna make this happen.
4. Come in first place for a month in one of my fitbit groups. Don’t mind me while I walk 30,000 steps a day.
3. Take a Zumba training course.
2. Get an article picked up by Hello Giggles. And die happy when Zooey Deschanel posts it on her facebook page.
1. Go see Jimmy Fallon Live. Ok – the last two are in a particular order. I want to see Jimmy Fallon so bad. So bad.
* Update: Tried and failed to get tickets for July.